Tuesday, September 21, 2010

On better spamming technique

So I was about to empty my spam folder this evening when I noticed that one of my messages had a particularly tantalizing beginning:
The Spanish philosopher Miguel de Unamuno y Jugo, in his 1913 book The Tragic Sense of Life in Men and Nations, emphasized the life of "flesh and bone" as opposed to that of abstract rationalism.
I was intrigued enough to open it, and read the thrilling denouement:
Some of the earliest involve the binary star 70Ophiuchi.
"narrowly optic," I don't know who you are or why you're targeting philosophy enthusiasts with your bizarre and incoherent messages, but I salute you.

The accompanying messages, such at the charming missive from a Ms. Kimberlie Latoyia, entitled ".Buy Genuine Phentermin at Low Cost. 60 pills at only $219.00 9kt5", were discarded unopened.

1 comment:

Wonjung said...

the spam has good intuition though, slightly off target.

I receive a good share of spam from craigslist,and sites that still send me info even after I have unsubscribed.