Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Hodie Christus natus est

The staff of This Blog Will Change the World is pleased to wish you a very happy, relaxing and enjoyable Christmas with your friends and family. It's now approximately noon on Christmas morning - if you listen closely, you can hear the sound of thousands of organ console lids slamming shut simultaneously. It's over! We're free! For four days, at least.

If anyone's interested, I did manage to learn the Fauchard - I only played the first five variations, and they didn't go very well, but who cares? I was long ago disabused of the notion that anyone actually listens to organ preludes. I'll be on the lookout for a better performance opportunity next year so that I can play the whole thing.

I will be incommunicado for the next few days - I'm going home this afternoon for family dinner, then to visit my grandmother for a few days. This will be wonderful, and relaxing, and I'll get lots of reading done, but it does mean no Internet access, and no access to a pipe organ. Of course, a break from practicing for a few days will probably do me good. On the other hand, did I really put Carillon de Westminster on the music schedule for next week? Darn.

No comments: